Church Business Administrator (CBA)
Part-time (approx. 20 hours/week; limited telework option)
The Light Community Church in Richmond, Virginia is seeking a responsible, proactive church administrator to be responsible for managing the daily operations of the church, through supervising staff and volunteers, managing the church’s schedule of events, ensuring the effective use of church income, and keeping accurate records.
The CBA manages staff and volunteers; coordinates, plans, and assists with church events; works with the community and supports the pastor and other church staff members.
The ideal, successful candidate will have a great personality, be able to work with different types of people and handle multiple tasks to ensure the church is well-run, maintained, and staffed. Desired candidate will be efficient, detail-oriented, professional and able to maintain confidentiality.
• An associate’s degree in business, office management, or related field; CBA certification preferred
• 2 years of office or administrative experience
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Proficient computer skills and ability to operate office equipment
• Proficient skills with communications technologies/platforms to create newsletters, post event surveys, etc.
• Ability to effectively handle stress and solve problems
• Ability to keep confidential and sensitive information
• A commitment to standing as a moral and upstanding representative of the church community
Physical requirements include sitting for extended periods; frequent standing, stooping, climbing stairs, reaching, bending, pushing, pulling and walking; occasional lifting/carrying – must be able to lift up to 20lbs.